2008年9月4日 星期四

Yesterday once more-Ugly stainless steel beads delivered


In the morning of Sept. 3, the masonry worker came and started the preparation work for wall tile installation. He set up a laser leveler, a fine bright red light line project to the surrounding wall immediately. It proves what I have been worried about earlier--last subcontractor, the demolish package left the N_E corner under excavated, it is now too high from the expected hight of level. Although I have checked with a bubble leveler and a string, it turned out not so accurate. Fortunately, the masonry contractor, Mr. Hsu, solved it by half an hour jackhammering himself.

There is Three incidents like this up to now, like the "bad" old days unpopular surprise arise from time to time. The other two issues are:

A. The steel frame installed is not perpendicular to the main building. This will cause the floor tile layout problem.
--Who's fault? I shall discuss some other day.
B. Wrong type of tile corner beads delivered. This is because of I ordered the material by phone call, without "sample approval" procedure. Mr. Hsu's reminded me that it is better to take a look first. but I disregarded it. I don't want the work delay one day for this. My FAULT. It could have costed me 6000 NTD.

The mistakes occur easily when you are under Time schedule pressure. Or, when you are getting "不耐煩".

This also prove the famous Morffi's law: What you think that might be going wrong, will go wrong.

沒有留言: